Caviar is most likely not the first thing that comes to mind when you consider skincare or facials. However, caviar has been the Holy Grail of anti-aging and wrinkle-fighting skin care regimens since ancient dynastic eras.
While caviar has always been affiliated with wealth, Caviar infused skincare products (like our Caviar Skin Mask) are not exclusive to those with deep pockets.
Continue reading to learn how caviar can improve your skin...
What is caviar?
The word "caviar" usually refers to salt-preserved sturgeon roe, but it is also often used to describe salt-preserved eggs from other fish. Caviar is a rare and expensive treat enjoyed primarily by the affluent. Recent years have seen a rise in the use of caviar in anti-aging and beauty products, and this trend has benefited the cosmetics industry.
Why is caviar good for the skin?
Caviar is an expensive delicacy but has some special cosmetic benefits. It turns out that indulging in some salt-cured fish eggs is a treat not only for your taste buds but also for your hair, skin, and nails.
The following benefits have been found through research, experimentation, and the use of caviar:
- Firms and rejuvenates the skin over time: Our skin is composed of proteins and amino acids. Caviar has a lot of amino acids, which are easily absorbed by the skin and make it look fresh and younger.
- Repairs damaged skin and strengthen the skin's barrier: Caviar helps to rehydrate the skin and strengthens the skin's barrier, and moisturized skin has a better chance of fighting off the external effects of dehydration, UV radiation, and other environmental factors. Long-term, this helps your skin's protective barrier get refreshed and strengthened, making it harder to penetrate harmful substances.
- Balances the skin: Caviar is rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6, and micro-elements. These elements increase cellular activity while hydrating skin to delay aging.
- Helps repair skin elasticity: Caviar also helps produce better quality collagen as its cell structure is similar to that of the human skin cell. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in a lot of seafood, and they help make new cells and collagen grow back.
- Contains Anti-inflammatory properties: the amino acids in caviar can promote tissue repair, improving both the texture and tone. Caviar is rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
- Anti-aging, and Less Tired looking: Caviar is rich in antioxidants like vitamins A, D, and E, which help protect and repair the skin from the environmental effects that speed up aging.
Caviar is a delicacy that requires some getting used to before you can enjoy it to its full potential. But applying it to your skin is an excellent idea. Its long-promised benefits, such as helping in collagen formation and containing anti-aging properties, appear to be more than a big-fish tale.
To experience these benefits for yourself, head to Roezen's ultra-luxurious online store to purchase our caviar skin mask and live life with the fabulous skin you deserve.